Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIg
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 1 17:27:29 2006

Jeffery,
The IIIG viewfinder is about as large as you can get and still be squinty.
Use a SBOOI and all will be well in the world.  Or, better yet, pick up an
M3 and have a world beater viewfinder for using 50mm lenses.  Also, the
Voigtlander Prominant has a fair viewfinder and it's 50mm's are very good
indeed.  Focusing is an interesting proposition but flash synch at all
speeds....  I've also found the Retina's to have passing viewfinders and if
CLA'd work just fine especially if you want to stay in the normal range.

The IIIG was a SOP to the traditionalists that just could not get to love
the M series.  I suspect in hindsight the current MP will be seen the same
way if the dM takes off.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com