Subject: [Leica] Contax RF Lens to Leica LTM Body adapter
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Jun 3 17:07:56 2006

I am sure the lens performed well.  However, it is still rare to see this,
and the adapter I have or have seen is not a Zeiss nor is
it a Leica Item.  It is unmarked, a non-starter for theses proud companies.
So I will stick with my original opinion, the item was
made by some aftermarket company to put COntax lenses on some form of close
up thingie... maybe one of those early SLR contraptions
( like a Panflex, but a lot cheaper).

BTW Marc.... I assume that with the adapter, there is no infinity focus with
Contax lenses on a LTM camera?  Can you please confirm,
if only by calling out the flange to focal plane distances of the Leica and
the Zeiss boidies?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I have used my 2/8.5cm CZJ Sonnar T frequently as a medium-format enlarging
lens when the negative is too dense for my 4/80 APO-Rodagon

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Contax RF Lens to Leica LTM Body adapter)