Subject: [Leica] Senegal
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jun 4 14:17:56 2006

At 04:54 PM 6/4/2006, you wrote:
>I had to shoot completely against my nature. Normally I take few and
>thought through photos, and here I had to do a reportage of about
>everything we saw. I was shooting all the time, and was stressed
>because I didn't know if the output would be OK. Finally it turned
>out well, but if I'd return, I'd take a few days to walk around
>without shooting, noting what was interesting, and then I would
>return with an intepreter to do the actual shooting.

Philippe -  I agree totally.  That is the hardest part of this kind
of photography.  You have to get what the agency needs but you see so
many photo opportunities that you could come back and spend more time
with on your on.  I've been very fortunate to be able to go ahead of
most of my groups and spend a week photographing by myself.  I love
doing that.  The photography of situations that are important for the
group can be very stressful.  You did a wonderful job and I know they
are very happy. I hope you do get to go back on your own.  It's such
a wonderful experience to shoot what you want and not necessarily
what is required.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Senegal)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Senegal)