Subject: [Leica] Sony Alpha/ Maxxum
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Sun Jun 4 18:28:33 2006

As list members may know, the new line of Sony Alpha cameras using  the
Minolta Maxxum mount is to be introduced in a couple of days.A quick google
search should bring up pre-release data and specs.

Of particular interest is the announcement of two Zeiss lenses in Maxxum AF
mount: 85/1.4 and 135/1.8. I hope they release more Z lenses, particularly
the 20/2.8 and 35/1.4 wides.

I'm glad I kept a couple of Minolta AF bodies. I just hope the Z lenses are
affordable.