Subject: [Leica] Pretentious?
From: lambroving at att.net (lambroving@att.net)
Date: Mon Jun 5 08:27:15 2006

Hello Tina,

It doesn't take "Marketing" to come up with 50 A-La-Carte MP's with one
frame missing and his signature. It might even have been done partly at his
request as Leica is not likely to be paying him a royalty.

Some people may find them cute. It's a way to make a buck. Uses no special
resources. I won't buy it. You don't even shoot film.

In a month or two they'll all be sold. So, what's the problem?

The quite similar MP-3 LHSA has been quite successful, BTW. Some people,
(enough), still prefer the look of film, enjoy working with a manual camera
with a pretty decent M7 meter, a brilliant viewfinder and don't need your
workflow to get good results or make deadlines.

Regards,

William