Subject: [Leica] Pretentious?
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Mon Jun 5 11:50:23 2006

Hello LUG,
        I personally do not want a Leica like this, but it is nothing new
for
Leicas to be dressed in bizarre colors and fancied up.  As is pointed
out  by James Lager, Leicas were manufactured with gold plating and lizard
skin in a choice of green, blue, red or brown as early as 1929.  These were
referred to as "The Leica Camera Deluxe" and were sold to rich people to
make the company money.  The are referred to as LUXUS and probably some of
the elmars are still in use.  This aberration is not exactly prostitution
but is in some of our minds a little deviant.  The majority of cameras were
plain black.

Just $.02 plain.
Lee

Message from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] Pretentious?)