Subject: [Leica] PESO: "Jack" at the Deli (I almost sold this lens!!! Aiiieeeee)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jun 6 07:26:58 2006

Original Message -----
Kenneth Frazier offered:
Subject: [Leica] PESO: "Jack" at the Deli (I almost sold this lens!!!
Aiiieeeee)

 > #14 - #17.  A boy named Jack, seen at a deli this past rainy Saturday
> morning.  I asked his Mother if I could photograph him.  She proudly
> said, "Yes!"
> http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r<<<<

Good morning Padre,
A smashing series on this boy, wonderful moments, good on you for staying
with him to see what evolved. Some folks would've taken one or two photos
and left it. This boy is a wonderful subject beautifully lit without
"playing to the camera." He obviously was far more interested in his food
than you and picture box. :-)

No question, absolutely beautiful "Shooting from the shadow side!" ;-)

This is an excellent example of why I've tried to make my life's work
shooting in this fashion, from the shadow side as often as I could.

In your case imagine if you were shooting from any other angle these
pictures would not have been as visually effective. Yes the expressions
might have been similar but they wouldn't have had the same visual light
impact.

One can't always find, nor is there going to be a shadow side to the
situation, but if you make it a habit to look for it as in this case, then
it becomes automatic you do it without thought because you instinctively see
it.

Simple subject most visually effective due to the shadow side light! And of
course, the  great eye of the photographer. ;-) Well done.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4