Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica M
From: s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Wed Jun 7 13:37:45 2006

From: Scott Gregory <s_gregory1@mac.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
Date: Wed Jun 07, 2006 05:30:13 PM EDT
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Leica M

Emanual said:

"The gear keeps getting more and more and more complex, the operation of the
camera keeps demanding more and more choices and decisions, the weight &
size we carry around our necks grows ever more, yet the result -- the final
image -- remains what it always has been.

So what is all the complexity for, exactly? I look at a 1925 Leica 1(a) and
smile at its miniature simplicity. Form and function in perfect Zen-like
harmony. "

A great point you've stated above. More complexity, more $$$, more weight,
more learning curves, more grief in trying to keep up with the latest and
supposedly greatest, when you can grab a lightweight body and a lens, go for
a walk and enjoy the outing very simply.

Scott Gregory

Message from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Re: Digital Leica M)