Subject: [Leica] re: Digital M
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Wed Jun 7 15:30:54 2006

At some point, the digital development will have to plateau off.

I agree about complexity. My life has too much. I don't need more.

I like to shoot with a Hasselblad and a Horseman, neither of which can be
focused through the viewfinder. I don't use a ground  glass. I have to
estimate  the distance. I get great results. Both cameras are manual. No
batteries. I do have a hand-held lightmeter, but that is almost superfluous.
I know what light demands what because I almost always use the same film and
develop it myself.

Consistency and simplicity.

Printing is another matter. That can be complex. But when I print, I print
with quality in mind, not quantity. That takes the pressure off.

Doug