Subject: [Leica] What GeeBee might see
From: graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee)
Date: Mon Jun 12 14:41:05 2006

Hi Nick/Jim,

I get blank sky too:
Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : green filter : Ilford HP5
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/Temp.htm

Sometimes it even rains:
Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : green filter : Ilford HP5
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/Temp_02.htm

but a decent sky makes even a bush into a passable shot (IMO):
Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : red filter : Ilford HP5
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/Temp_03.htm

I don't imagine the sky here is any better than most areas in the UK and
generally speaking I am only shooting two days a week unless I spot a good
sky on the way home from work:
Olympus OM2n : Zuiko 50mm f1.4 : red filter : Ilford HP5 @ 400
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06067.htm

It's just that when I get a decent sky I burn lots of film and use it to
give my stuff a lift.

--Graham