Subject: [Leica] Well, I am just on a roll here.....
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Jun 12 23:58:26 2006

At 11:38 PM 6/12/2006, Daniel Ridings wrote:

>Are you really sure of this?
>
>It is the first time I've heard of this in years. I don't doubt that
>it can happen, I'm just asking you to think back. Did you really
>dilute your Xtol 1:1 or did you use straight water? Possibly stopbath,
>possibly fixer?

I have a jug of Xtol stock, and one of those accordion type bottle with
Xtol 1+1 solution. I just used the same Xtol 1+1 from the same bottle
couple weeks ago for the "United Walkway" pictures and they came out just
fine. Both bottles are down to the bottom so this is the end of the initial
mix. So 4+ liters are OK, but these last 500 ml....

>It's late on your end ... maybe you made a mistake?
>
>I've gone through countless 5 liter batches and of course I get
>nervous when I hear this, but I am starting to think it is a myth and
>that the failures are due to simple mistakes (I've made them and the
>results look like Xtol failure, but it wasn't).

The negs are practically clear. I just checked the canister and it is Delta
400. I checked the M7 and the meter reads good. I use a Jobo and I even
checked the solution temp (20 degree C)

Arggghhh