Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 185
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jun 13 17:59:05 2006

Larry,
Maintaining the existing machine is my plan, but everyone who shoots film
needs to think these things through.  Interesting that I had the movie film
discussion today with another person.  I suspect that feature films will be
digital in five years, work flow is a lot easier, digital projection will be
a reality, and the movie business will be more and more home use on HiDef or
BlueRay so it will be all digital.

Just like our business, even if you feel film gives your movies more
emotion, only the top of the top dogs will have that kind of creative
control.  As more and more movie business goes digital then the lab
expertise starts to go away and the spiral continues.

I am not really pessimistic, you just have to plan for eventualities.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com