Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Wed Jun 14 06:07:47 2006

It is not clear to me why the code on the lens is a requirement. It is
trivial to provide  menu based entry to identify the lens on the
camera - unless they intend to test every lens and characterise its
performance. I doubt they will do that - 8 bits would not be enough.

I can use any old  Nikon F-mount lens on the D200 by entering its
maximum aperture and focal length.

95 euros for six dots is Leica type pricing - preposterous (unless
they throw in a CLA)

--
Clive
http://clive.moss.net/blog