Subject: [Leica] KatzEye
From: dcm at pobox.com (David C. Mason)
Date: Wed Jun 14 12:32:24 2006

Sorry for being off topic but I wanted to pass on a really positive
camera gear experience I've just had. I have a new Nikon d200 and I
bought one of the new Zeiss ZF lenses for it. In my usual playing
around I found KatzEye Optics: http://katzeyeoptics.com/ who makes
*real* focussing screens for modern SLRs. I wanted it - I ordered one.
To make a long story short, my d200 had a bit of a quality issue with
the original screen and some shims that sit behind it. My installation
was not easy - never fear, I emailed Rachel at Katzeye and she was on
the phone minutes later (!!) and on the case. She gave me good
options, and eventually installed the screen for me quickly and
professionally.

The screen itself is excellent - its so very nice to go back to
superior technology - I'm now having a blast with my new manual lens.
Quality product with amazing service.

BTW, I have absolutely no connection to Katzeye except I'm a happy customer.

--

--Dave

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:KatzEye)