Subject: [Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Jun 15 10:23:14 2006

Hold on Henning.....

As far as Olympus goes, I have no idea.

I said ( or meant, whichever applies) that the new lenses could and should
be smaller.... the 50's, 75's, etc.  The Retrofocus WA
lenses will need "more" glass.  But making the sensor smaller means that the
lens does not need to throw the same image circle.
That makes the lens POTENTIALLY smaller, lighter, etc.......( I should have
said potentially) regardless of design methodology.

Will they actually be smaller, lighter, etc?  I have no idea.

Will they work with a M-Film camera?  Don't know.   Is Leica promising this?
Apparently they are.

These are marketing and business decisions.  Engineering follows that
marketing choice ..... and product follows that engineering
choice.

What will we actual mortals get?  We'll see.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM)