Subject: [Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jun 17 03:19:30 2006

Hi Frank, I bookmarked this page ages ago. It is somewhat simplistic
but shows what they mean, I don't seem to have bookmarked any of the
other stuff I have seen. You have to click on one of the "about four
thirds standard" link. It shows why digital lenses will need to be
bigger than film lenses for the same  image size.
The first info I saw on the subject was about 6 years ago with
respect to an integrated Olympus camera where they explained why they
used different concept lenses for digital sensors, it seemed
plausible at the time though I couldn't see how parallel rays
impinging on the sensor could be in focus on it - still can't. OTOH I
can see why almost symmetrical WA lenses would be very unsuited to
digital so sadly I am not expecting the full potential of either the
lenses or the sensor to be completely realised on a digital M with
current sensor technology.
Frank

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) (Fwd: [Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 24x36mm sensor for the RFDM)