Subject: [Leica] New M mount Sonnar 1.5 50mm
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jun 18 22:52:20 2006

Frank, if that's so for the Leica M production, it appears that CZ are doing
quite well if they sustain 1000 RF cameras a month.
Also interesting if you think that the CZ sales have not impacted Leica M
sales. Then there are the CV cameras. Some extra RF sandbags on the film
dyke against the digital tsunami.

Interesting thought that the parting from the Hasselblad network may not
have been entirely consensual.
Everything I've read regarding Hasselblad's new direction suggests that they
are retaining very little of the tradition except for the name. Seems a
shame, but hardly unique.
I tend to vote with my money for companies that are persevering with
traditional film cameras and prime optics. Pretty concise list these days!
Just my personal protest/philosophy

Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 2