Subject: [Leica] South Street Seaport
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jun 21 18:49:06 2006

The idea is nice, but when you think about it, it wouldn't work.

The situation described by the Merchant Marine Memorial reflects a
universal experience, even through time, from the past to the present.
The 9.11 memorial will have to represent a unique, singular event.

Part of the impact of the Merchant Marine Memorial is due to the
univeral appeal, or universal fear ... of drowning. That is something
most can relate to and the memorial awakens that fear.

I would hope that terrorism is not such a facet of our lives that it
belongs to the universal sphere of our experiences.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] South Street Seaport)