Subject: [Leica] Lower Manhattan
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 03:23:28 2006

In a message dated 6/22/06 2:26:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/4_15A_0054_web

---------------------------------
The Seaport, Wall Street, and Battery Park area was my hangout for many
years of shooting. You did a fine composition of the Merchant Marine
sculpture.
For some action, take the ferry to Staten Island.
I'm glad I have a series of shots of the WTC in my collection. The scene
won't be the same without those towers. On my rounds I would drop into the
restaurants in the basement of the WTC.

St Paul and Trinity Church are interesting subjects. I worked in the area
as
well. Would spend my lunch breaks shooting with a Minox GT along Water
Street.

And a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge was always good for a brace of shots.
I'd leave my car parked on the at Brooklyn Heights on Sundays and spend the
day shooting in the City. A walk down Canal Street brought in a lot of Asian

color. Then north on Broadway to the Village. I believe Leica had a PR
office
on Broadway when I left NYC during 1997 for the Northwest.  I'll probably
never return to those haunts.

Bob

Replies: Reply from schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider) ([Leica] Lower Manhattan)