Subject: [Leica] Focus Magic question
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 05:38:35 2006

In a message dated 6/22/2006 2:37:46 AM Central Standard Time,
pklein@2alpha.net writes:
Which leads to my question:  In Photoshop, can you apply the Focus Magic
plug-in through a mask?  The purpose would be to use it to sharpen the
in-focus portion of the picture only, leaving the rest untouched.  Or, to
apply a small "blur width" to the subject, then reverse the mask and do a
second pass to bring a slightly out-of-focus background into better
focus.  Is this possible in Photoshop, PS Elements, or other plug-in
compatible programs?
Yes, you can selectively apply it with a mask, and even make it graduated.

I found that most images can benefit from at least a 1 on the focus magic.
think it can be run entirely outside of an editing program too.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Focus Magic question)