Subject: [Leica] a day at the drag races
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jun 22 08:44:03 2006

My guess was film, and high speed at that- and the reason I asked was that I
was struck by how "noisy" some of those images are. Which gets back to my
thought about our willingness to accept grain, but not digital noise. I'd be
inclined to reject some of your images that I like had I shot them
digitally, calling them too damn noisy. But as film images, I just thought -
high speed. Perhaps this bias - and it is a bias - comes from the fact that
at lower isos digital is so spookily clean. Therefore when there is noise,
we think there's something wrong.

Anyway, nice work, noise or not....