Subject: [Leica] a day at the drag races
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Fri Jun 23 03:48:15 2006

Another part of the cross culture identity of drag racing may be
financial.

A lot of small town drag racing is running the car that you drove to
the track. Poorer people can participate because you are more likely
to be able to continue using the car next week going to work -- lower
budget racing.

Roundy-round racing tends to break cars as they bang into one
another. Then you get into trailering cars and equipment.

Many of the "racial" barriers we see are actually more social class
or income-based barriers.

Is it possible to use the word egalitarian when referring to drag
racing? ;^)

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies

Replies: Reply from wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith) ([Leica] a day at the drag races)