Subject: [Leica] Armed America on the Road
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 24 17:32:03 2006

Marc James Small  offered: ;-)

>>for that matter, our Senior Member, was taught
BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) by William Tell shortly before he did that
magnificent book of combat photographs taken during the Wars of the Roses,
though I don't know that Ted has ever owned a firearm.<<<

Jeeesh Marc old buddy yer given away all the family secrets! ;-)

William Tell was good, but in reality he couldn't hit the broad side of a
barn standing six feet away from it because he kept using warped arrows! ;-)
A rifle? Not a hope at ten feet! ;-)

The War of the Roses was tough enough, but tiring because those guys kept
throwing roses back and forth and getting hung-up on the thorns! You have no
idea how fast I had to load ink to get the pictures. ;-)

And yes I did own a fire arm, nothing great, a Cooey .22 I used on the farm
during my summer holidays from school and we'd go gopher/ground hog hunting!
Bagged a few. :-)

However as a father, one day the city police asked for people to turn in any
guns for destruction without any questions asked. So I figured what the heck
get rid of it as I had no need for it and saw absolutely no reason to keep
it in the house with 4 adventuresome kids who may "play with it and hurt or
kill some body!"  By accident of course! Aren't they all "by accident?"

So it went to the cop shop and destroyed!! End of story. However then there
were my military years. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider) ([Leica] Armed America on the Road)
Message from msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Armed America on the Road)