Subject: [Leica] The significance of the Canon D5
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jun 26 09:21:11 2006

>>Once FF digital hits the $3000 mark, like that of the D50, prices  will
>>drop
>>in about a year to just above $1000. Even now, most of us buy 35mm  lenses
>>for
>>small frame digitals; so they'll go very well with FF bodies. The  scales
>>will mean something. I'm looking forward to a Leica M FF.
>>Bob
>
>Go to the fridge, open a beer, find a comfortable chair and relax.
>You're going to have a long wait.

Bob, do you mean Nikon D50 or Canon 5d? Small letters but big difference.
If you intend to wait for a full frame Leica for less than $1000, I fear you
might need even more than a good chair and a beer. I would take a bed and
enough clothes for at least two dozens of seasons. Not to talk about a
cattle full of beef, and all that close to a beer brewery if possible.
:-)
Didier

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] The significance of the Canon D5)