Subject: [Leica] Post to Gene re Nikon D5 and MFF
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 11:36:57 2006

Gene,

It all boils down to whether you'll choose to buy a 4/3 or FF Leica M if
both
are available. Also, it's up to Leica Solms whether to offer both models.

My personal take is that, if the majority of us had a choice we'd choose a
FF
M. I think that an objective Solms decision would be to go for the MFF. The
logic is simple. It's cheaper to produce one model than two of the same
class
of M. With the MFF, Leica won't have to go into conniptions to work out
focal
frames for existing Leica lensses.

In the pricing comparison I made an error. I meant the Nikon D200, not the
D50.

Bob