Subject: [Leica] So this weekend it was Jersey City...
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jun 27 11:55:19 2006

Thanks, Steve. What you say about what the photos don't show is absolutely
on target. And by my own standards, if I was shooting this project for
myself, it would be an abject failure. Yes, there are some strong individual
images - but of what? "Normal" people doing normal things. At least when I
shot the diabetes book I could shot something to tell the viewer that each
of the subjects was living with diabetes. With your photos, we know that
'Steve's Kids' - :-) - are struggling with illness. But here I couldn't do
that....which is a shame.