Subject: [Leica] N'awlins weekend
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Tue Jun 27 19:21:19 2006

Busy 3 day weekend in New Orleans, I had 2 weddings. Before and in-between I
photographed other going ons in the city. Coliseum Baptist Church burned
down in the middle of the night, this church was supposedly first used by
slaves then later by Rebel and Union troops during the Civil War. Hours
after burning, demolition crews were on the scene to bring the rest of the
church down. Locals and preservationists arrived on the scene trying to get
an order to block demolition. Pretty intense for awhile, though of course
demolition continued. The church was on the historic list which should have
help protect it, but that's history now. I'm sure the condo owner will love
their new found properties.

Anderson Cooper had a book signing on Sunday. He just about the only major
new reporter still coming back to New Orleans to show the progress, er
non-progress. I'd guess a thousand people showed, some to thanking him for
not letting the city not be forgotten, and then others who probably think
he's as cute as Harry Potter.

Cemetery photo is St Louis # 3 which is near City Park, I saw the light
shining through and managed 2 shots before it was gone.

Tossed computer gear from a Lakeview home still trying to clean up the mess.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/view_album.php?page=1&set_albumName=album453

Chris Williams
www.zoeicaimages.com

Replies: Reply from bradreiman at aol.com (bradreiman@aol.com) ([Leica] N'awlins weekend)