Subject: [Leica] Lug help needed
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 10:32:05 2006

In a message dated 6/30/2006 11:24:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
red735i@earthlink.net writes:

First..  these are negatives not prints?  Correct?
They are positives, she said

The background "grid" looks pretty regular but coarse (  compared to a
printing grid or screen printing material).  It is also  not
straight to the scan...it is cocked to a horizontal  line.
I think that is the silk-like backing

What size are the negs?
4x5

How many are like this?  Lots or only a  few?
I'm not sure but there are a "group" which makes me think there at least
several

You can FEEL the optical texture?  Or is it an effect of  something done to
the emulsion as in an overlay patterning during  the
process of negative duplication?
She says the material the image is on is like celluloid.

I'm thinking it is a contact print on film (sort of like you would do for
lantern slide projection) and then laid on the backing so you can see it
under
direct light.

Regards,
Sonny