Subject: [Leica] Week 25 posted
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Fri Jun 30 11:01:31 2006

Nice time-warp pictures.  The second one is really evocative of the
50's but I'd have been tempted to crop the left side some to get rid
of that bit of window frame which, to my eye anyway, is distracting.

Hard to believe we ever drove cars like the ones in the first photo.
I still remember my uncle filling the tank on his brand new
50's-something Chrysler New Yorker with hi-test and cursing the
station attendant for having the audacity to charge 8 cents a gallon
for the stuff.  Apparently the price he paid at his usual station was
7 cents.