Subject: [Leica] OpenOffice Suite
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Jun 30 19:54:24 2006

Peter, my daughter used it through 2 yrs of college and it worked just fine
-- no compatibility problems with MSWord.  However, her needs were pretty
bare-bones, just paper-writing and things like that.  I think if you do much
with macros or use complex formating you may not be so lucky.  You don't
want to get a manuscript from a colleague just before a meeting and have
compatibility problems.  I haven't used the Excel clone much but have had
some issues with the PowerPoint clone, so I gueses I'd be cautious.
However, since it's free you can give it a test run and see what you think
before buying MS Office.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE