Subject: [Leica] RE: Colour Correction Assistance Appreciated (GREG LORENZO)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jun 30 22:07:06 2006

-----Original Message-----
Greg, on my (calibrated) monitor, my initial impression is some magenta
overtones. As an exercise I copied each image and went through a colour
correction routine, neutralizing black white and mid grey points. I was
surprised to see the first image looked virtually unchanged, but came up
with a difference on the second. (also cheated and brightened the mid tones
as I would if the image was mine). I'll e-mail it to you separately. Just my
opinion, of course. Maybe you may like to post the altered image for comment
also.
There are several caveats, the original posts are low res jpg's and have no
colour profile so naturally limited in adjustability. More importantly, on
screen display will be quite different to prints as I'm sure you are aware.
Also, the vivid colour of the girl's dress in number two really affects how
you perceive the rest of the image. Try covering that part of the image when
you view it.
Pardon me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs on any of this

Regards,
Hoppy

Message: 30