Subject: [Leica] OT: OpenOffice Suite
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Jul 2 06:48:37 2006

Peter,

OOS is fine and is **largely**compatible with standard word until you start
pushing the limits of what can be done with Word - or OOS - then things
start to
get flaky. My experience of this come from trying to draw (very) complex
diagrams in OOS and then open them in Word after a trip acros the net. If
you
want to do that sort of thing shipping PDFs (there are PDF generators
available
FREE from the Net) around.

Peter Dzwig