Subject: [Leica] Re: Crowds
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Jul 3 07:01:19 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 1:09 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> My two sons went and saw the Italy-Czech Republic match at Hamburg, and
> the tickets cost only 40 euros each. The whole idea was to expose them
> to the football (soccer)  ambience - remember that they are used to
> 50,000+ crowds - which is routine in India for international cricket
> matches
> Cheers
> Jayanand Govindaraj
> Chennai, India

Everyone is used to crowds in India. I attended religious events where
over a million people were milling around. It grows on you.

When we returned from a stint of a couple of years at the University of
Delhi, my wife's first statement at exiting the airplane at New York's
JFK airport was, "Where are all the people?"

Larry Z