Subject: [Leica] World Cup Musings
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Tue Jul 4 16:26:22 2006

Marc, the World Cup is the most-watched sporting event in the world.
Literally billions of people watch it. And of course it IS real football,
given that we invented it long before the US game. It is also one of the
main testing grounds for new camera equipment, and many of the greatest
sports photographers are there. So it's actually fairly on-topic-ish.
Here's Dan Chung's Blog to provide a little evidence for my somewhat OTT
claim: http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/danchung/index.html

I'm sorry if it all offends your US-centric view of the world, but tough. ;)

Nick