Subject: [Leica] World Cup Musings
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Jul 5 02:37:56 2006

I agree with Nick, (except that I want France to win - a wonderful
retirement present for Zidane)
I'm surprised at Marc's sudden dictatorial turn of mind - I always
thought he was one of the list's last anarchists ;-)
Just considering the countries of the Commonwealth we're talking about
53 football loving countries with over 1.8 billion people, add to that
the rest of the non-US world and we get a situation where the
population of the USA is suddenly an absolute minority - and even then,
some them are football fans too. If the world cup is so unimportant for
the USA, why is it being sponsored by Anheuser-Busch  - in a country
where nearly all beers are much better - CocaCola and McDonalds? And
then putting the World Cup in the same pot with  rounders for grown-ups
and slowed down Rugby... :-)
Douglas

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] World Cup Musings)