Subject: [Leica] Friday in Clarksville
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Wed Jul 5 05:01:42 2006

Philippe wrote:
>A lot of it has to do with the low camera standpoint you seem to prefer.
>How do people react to it, since it's more obvious to kneel down and
>shoot instead of just snapping away standing up? Isn't it harder to
>get them in frame without noticing you? Or do they notice you and are
>they just at their ease when you're around?
>Thanks for showing,
>Philippe

Hey Philippe,
Actually, that guy was so wrapped up in doing his nails between, um,
pitches, that he probably wouldn't have noticed if I had been kneeling
pointing a camera at him. An outtake:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album404/manicure
In the South it is not at all remarkable to squat on your hams in a crowd,
especially among country folks, but in this case I was sitting down with the
camera in my hand and my arms crossed. I was shooting from my left armpit. A
full desription of shooting in these situations would take a lot of space,
and I'll write you off-list if you're really interested. You also asked what
my 'keeper' rate is. Usually I shoot 4 - 6 rolls, and am happy if I get 5% -
10%.

Bill Smith wrote:
>A little too redneck for me............. Reminds me of the  Dallas, TX
>suburb I grew up in and am >trying to forget--too white, too
>fundamentalist, etc, etc.

Ah, Bill, that's just your inner redneck dying to get out. Can't you feel
him wanting to lap over the top of your Wrangler's?

Walt wrote:
>Was that  ( I hope) the last train to Clarksville?

Fat chance Walt, that was only Friday night. I went to bocce tournaments
Saturday and Sunday too.

GOYA & Shoot,
Arche