Subject: [Leica] RE: Jill Greenberg's Distressed Children (Tina Manley)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jul 5 18:05:32 2006

Tina, clearly a very emotive subject. As images they are unmistakeably Ms
Greenberg's work. That is her characteristic manipulation of the skin tones.

They are provocative, but I have no interest in discovering whatever cause
or agenda she may have.
In my opinion it in no way justifies these unpleasant images. As a social
comment, in this country they would very likely result in the confiscation
of your computer and possible criminal charges. Certainly she would be
lynched at least metaphorically in the media.

I don't know any parent, including myself, who would feel any sympathy for
her in that circumstance. Perhaps she may like to re-shoot her gorilla
portraits series with the same method. I'd suggest a 21mm lens.

Hoppy

Message: 8