Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 27 Peachtree Road Race once again
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jul 9 18:10:18 2006

Welcome back to the July 4th celebrations in Atlanta.  This year you will
actually see real runners as opposed to the last 50,000 folk who treat this
as a social event.  All the images were taken at about the halfway point on
"cardiac hill" named as much for the long grade as the fact that one of the
best hospitals for heart ailments is just uphill.  So, this is an image of a
youngster with some energy left after 3 klicks:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album462/peachtreewaterjump

This next image was taken a couple of minutes later with the sun a bit
higher and I had moved downhill a touch to catch the sun between the
buildings and trees.  What you are seeing is water from a mist machine not
grain:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album462/peachtreeflagmist

Some folk were in real need of a little cool water by this time in the race:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album462/peachtreereallytired

These folk are the reason I shoot from this location.  Most of the time they
are really entertaining; I don't know how much encouragement they provide to
the runners:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album462/peachtreefurbus

Last, the promised actual runners.  These women were probably ten minutes
behind the front running Kenyans but were still making a pretty good clip up
the hill.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album462/peachtreewoman20

Enjoy, C & C, or tell me that they are boring and meet the unoriginal,
uninspired, technically crappy. :)

Don
don.dory@gmail.colm

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Don's PAW 27 Peachtree Road Race once again)