Subject: [Leica] Re: Zidane's boo boo
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Jul 10 09:41:14 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 4:11 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> To Nick:
> Z. would have been allowed to collect the medal and he was even
> invited by a Fifa official, but he refused.
>
> Didier
>

> In which case I think he was probably right. The French supporters
> in the ground hadn't had the benefit of seeing the incident
> replayed, and clearly (mistakenly) thought the sending off
> unjustified - I think his appearance would've been provocative. It
> is a terrible shame to see a great sportsman end his career in such
> a way, and I do worry for him - this will surely haunt him forever.
>
> Just as well he didn't play cricket - I don't think he could've
> survived the "sledging" for long.
>
> Nick

It looked to me that the incident was replayed on the big screen TVs
in the stadium seconds after it happened, even before the red card
was awarded. Certainly it was shown almost instantly on the TV feeds
in both English and Spanish in the US. And then, of course repeated
over and over and over on every sports broadcast for the last two
days. Some say that soccer is dull, but the emotional arguments go on
forever. Just like the opinions on the Digital M.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] Re: Zidane's boo boo)