Subject: [Leica] Power of B&W?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jul 13 08:33:03 2006

Ted

A very interesting topic. I agree to every point. B&W is the reduction of
the visual input to it's main parameters, like form, light, contrast,
framing. It is accelerating the power of imagination. It leads to the
content of the image better as colors might be, as you say, distracting.

For me, there's another, non-intellectual, but very practical reason to
prefer B&W. Because it's always, and everywhere, "B&W-weather" and
"B&W-light". Can't say that about "Kodachrome-64-weather" and
"Kodachrome-64-light" ;-)...

I have made some color pictures that really look better in color. But it's
only a few. On my new digital camera, the B&W mode is mostly on. The only
settings I switch often are the different color filter effects.

Didier

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Suggestions # 1)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Power of B&W?)