Subject: [Leica] The Last Words on B&W Scanning
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Jul 13 09:30:10 2006

Folks -

Okay; I'm trying to get over my general disappointment with the way my
B&W film scans looks (Tri-X or Neopan 1600 in Xtol).  I now need to
scan several things within the next coupla hours.

I see a lot of you folks posting some damn good-looking B&W images from
these film/developer combos. Is the collective wisdom that I should
scan the negs as color negs??  Howzabout scanning as positives and
flipping them in Photoshop??  Does scanning at 3200 or so often lead to
less grain aliasing than 4800? (I have a not-so-great Epson 2870 and
Silverfast.)

Since I use the Digest mode, if anyone feels so kind as to E me
directly I'd sure appreciate it.  I gotta get these thing out...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] The Last Words on B&W Scanning)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] The Last Words on B&W Scanning)