Subject: [Leica] Mozart's Widow? Maybe Not.
From: kleinp at BATTELLE.ORG (Klein, Peter A)
Date: Thu Jul 13 14:05:03 2006

Here are paintings and an engraving of Constanze.  Anyone into forensic
facial comparison?

Painting:
http://www.soundpostonline.com/archive/spring2003/page10.htm

Go to the end, then up one paragraph, see engraving and painting:
http://www.allabreve.org/mozart-weblog/mow_pages/mow_life_2.html

And this link argues that the photo could have been taken in 1840s.
http://www.mozartforum.com/VB_forum/showthread.php?p=13632#post13632

I'm skeptical of the whole thing, but it's interesting nonetheless.  All
this stuff about the photo being taken much later than claimed could be
easily resolved by comparing the Swiss composer's image to other
likenesses, if they exist, or just by comparing his actual age at the
time to the apparent age of the man in the photo.

--Peter