Subject: [Leica] Power of B&W?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jul 14 03:25:24 2006

On 7/13/06 7:39 PM, "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith342@cox.net> typed:

> I'm in complete agreement. I have stopped posting any color on my site. And
> I've stopped using chromogenic b&w. Too easy!

Its great for on the road though. Beats loading film in closets and so on.
It is too easy it comes out perfect in just about any stupid lab in a half
hour the time it takes me to slurp one mocha and come back. They've got c41
down. Embarrassingly good compared to the length I go to get good results
from real film by hand with just the right dilution, agitation and chemical
tweaks even. Real hard to tell the difference with nice sized darkroom
prints . And as far as scanning and ink jetting goes it may be better. At
least for the scanning.  I think scanners are still not totally comfortable
with real silver. They think its dirt. Not good.

Mork in New York

Location: Henrietta, 14467 a small town next to Rochester, Murder Capital of
New York.

Portland OR to Portland MA