Subject: [Leica] opinions of the Ricoh GRD--why not Canon S-80
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Fri Jul 14 05:48:34 2006

from what i read, the light sensitivity of the canon is conventional:
f2.8 lens and 400 asa speed.    the GR has 2 1/2 more stops of speed,
2 from the CCD and 1/2 from the lens.  in addition, the fixed lens on
a digital has a purist appeal.

like mr. Korenman, i'd love to hear some user feedback about the GRD.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey