Subject: [Leica] Re: Battery charging
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (Joseph Codispoti)
Date: Sun Jul 23 16:52:35 2006

-----Original Message-----
A question for all you nature photographers. My son and I are planning
a 2 week hiking trip along the Appalachian Trail. Since my conversion
to digital photography, I find myself periodically tethered to
electrical outlets to recharge camera batteries. None of my cameras
take AA cells. I will be taking an Olympus E-500. How do you charge
batteries in the field? Solar cells?

Larry Z

In "the field", obviously there is no way to charge a battery without a
portable generator.
However, a simple DC inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter of your
car, produces
enough electricity to power the battery charger and other AC accessories.
These devices cost from $25 depending on the energy requirements of your AC
gadget.

JC