Subject: [Leica] OT: Rollei XF35
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Jul 25 00:30:48 2006

Eduardo

I have a XF35. The Sonnar is a very fine lens with a creamy bokeh, see links
below, but the camera is a full automatic point&shooter. The strange thing
is that speed and aperture are coupled, from f2.3+1/60 up to f16+1/650. No
way to influence it manually. So f2.3 with another time than 1/60 is not
possible.

The rangefinder is quite small, not comparable to a Leica, Bessa or ZI. But
OK for a compact. Note the XF is bigger, but lighter than the famous Rollei
35 family.

$70? Too much. Mine costed $20 on the auction site. I had it CLA'd and
adapted to the newer 1.5V batteries by a retired Rollei employee in
Brauschweig for another $30, incl. 2x shipping. Recently found a vented 46mm
hood for 1 EUR, on the auction site...

Didier

http://gallery.leica-users.org/11-2004/zeon_bhf
http://gallery.leica-users.org/11-2004/orion_beiz