Subject: [Leica] Week 28 is from vacation start
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Jul 27 04:25:08 2006

Hey Arche--

Our swamp was the Great Dismal, though "my" swamp was the one that
bordered our back yard. It was only about a quarter mile wide with a
ten-foot wide creek that ran through the middle of it. Crossing it
was a nearly daily exercise in my childhood. Mom still lives there,
and I have to admit that I don't wade in there like I did when I was
12;^) I don't hop stump to stump like I once did. I seem to sink
deeper than I did them also-ah, what a difference 100 pounds makes;^)

"My" swamp today is my front and side yards in Little Washington.
We're on the bank of a black water creek (Tranters) that feeds the
Tar River.

We're at the northern boundary for 'gators, I've never seen one here
in the wild.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies