Subject: [Leica] Re: 777 AND Pyro
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Jul 27 08:27:42 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 10:50 PM, Jeffery wrote:

> I've pretty much settled on two developers in my future, and they are
> the
> decided underdogs of 777 and PMK Pyro. How did these two developers
> fall out
> of favor?

1. Aggressive marketing of HC 110 and TMax developers by Kodak.
2. Ubiquitousness of air conditioning.
3. 777 looks unclean.
4. Pyro leaves stains on fingers.
5. Price.
6. My great grandfather used D-76. It's a tradition in our family.
7. Who shoots B&W anyway?

By the way, I can't tell the qualitative difference on a computer
screen between the 777 and Pyro developed pictures you posted. To quote
Ben Franklin (out of context), "All cats are gray in the dark."

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: 777 AND Pyro)