Subject: [Leica] Re:Das Boot - Best ever
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Fri Jul 28 07:58:30 2006

IIIc with a 50/f2 Summitar.

Character in Das Boot based on the book "Shooting the War" by Otto Giese.
Great read for either War buff or photographers. Leica on the cover.

Das Boot is one of my all time favs. I saw the released version in the late
90's. Dripping water in surround sound makes you feel wet the whole movie.
Sad, but I have it on DVD in 3 versions, the last one being the 6hr original
German TV version. Watch it in German with English subtitles, the English
speaking version's a joke.

Very few '70s movies still hold up today and this is one of them. Along with
Alien but that features no Leicas, just half naked Weaver.

Chris