Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jul 29 07:48:15 2006

>s trips to various camera or stereo stores are a thing
> of the past.
> Now, with a few keystrokes, I can find all the 1970's I would ever need.
> And what better way to relive one's youth than picking up an old
> Marantz receiver or a set of AR3a's, etc?
> Makes the hassles with the postal services seem minor to me.
>
> Phil

The flipside to this touched in Previous episodes on the LUG on a result
that we are having much more fun with the accumulating and dis-accumulating
a constant ongoing recycling of valued red dot objects of some odd persons
trade and anything existing of so called value in the material word.
Seven years ago could have done such trading in the Shutterbug or Christies.
But now we're plugged into the greedy non-Zen lunatics of the entire world
population with the speed of your connection.
With a Leica lens which has more apparent value as a case piece than a
working tool this gets complicated.
Bringing my thoughts to....
How many fine prints are being auctioned off on eBay???
A tangent for another occasion but I have no idea.

The buying and selling of precious and valued items does not go on with
others vocations that I can think of. Lumberjacks don't endlessly recycle on
eBay their chain saws. Seamstress's their needles and threads. Few would be
interested in the UPS and FedX handling of needles and threads and chainsaws
for their glass cases to fly in the face of those who use these tools to pay
the rent.
This is what those involved in the pursuit of photography face.

Now with the internet photographs which have value - images are pawned off
for a few bucks here and there. Its camera gear which is relegated to the
status of the plastic toys of our youth which we were bored with shortly
before they thankfully broke. And baseball cards.

Here's a dumb idea: Soon a book will come out "EBay for Kiddies" and the
plastic toys we get our kids with such love will be recycled for eternity.
Like little yellow bathtub duckys.

Mork in New York
A yellow and black cheater book; EBay for the kiddies of dummies and idiots.

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Just curious)